All residency programs at University of Utah Health use the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) and participate in the Resident Matching Program of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) each year. The following items are required.
- Completed Application – apply via PhORCAS
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Three recommendations using the PhORCAS standard form
- College of Pharmacy transcripts (minimum acceptable GPA = 3.1/4.0 scale)
Completed applications will be considered for review.
Additional PGY1 and HSPAL Program Application Requirements:
- At least one letter of recommendation must be from a clinical preceptor.
- For schools of pharmacy that do not calculate grade point average, a class rank must be submitted to the residency program director.
- Write a personal statement addressing the applicant’s experience with diversity, equity and inclusion in 300 words or less. Upload the statement to PhORCAS.
- In the letter of intent, comment on patient care and professional goals.
Application to the Masters of Healthcare Administration is not required when applying for the HSPAL PGY1 & PGY2/MHA program.
Half day interviews for 2024-2025 candidates will be held virtually.
If you are visiting Salt Lake and would like to visit our hospitals or clinics, please contact the residency program director to schedule a tour of the facility.