A curated list of resources for practitioners
Websites Useful In Finding Drug Information
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL): Pharmacy
Provides links to license application and renewal forms for pharmacists, interns, and technicians as well as verification of licensure. Also contains links to laws relevant to pharmacy practice including the Pharmacy Practice Act and Controlled Substance Act:
- Pharmacy Practice Act [pdf]
- Utah Controlled Substances Act [pdf]
- Utah Controlled Substance Database Act [pdf]
- Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing Act
- Verify a License
- Controlled Substance Database Act
- Orange Book
Provides information about therapeutic equivalence of generic medications.
- Pharmacist's Manual: An Informational Outline of the Controlled Substances Act: Revised 2020
Outline of the Federal Controlled Substances Act for pharmacists
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Medication-Assisted Treatment
Includes information on the laws for medication-assisted treatment with buprenorphine-containing products. Has link to database lookup for pharmacists to verify a prescriber’s DATA 2000 waiver.
- Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations - Food and Drugs
- Title 21 United States Code Controlled Substances Act
J Code Reference
- NDC/HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) Crosswalk
The NDC/HCPCS crosswalk provides a listing of each National Drug Code that is assigned to a HCPCS. The crosswalk is updated monthly, but contains all prior updates, along with providing details on what changes occurred that month.
- NPI (National Provider Identifier) Lookup, NDC Lookup, HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) Lookup, ICD-9 Lookup, ICD-10 Lookup, CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) Lookup, Taxonomy Codes Lookup, NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) Lookup
This set of Lookup Services provides comprehensive coverage of all possible Lookup Services used in Healthcare industry to provide electronic documents submission under HIPAA regulation as well as regular paper Healthcare forms and documents
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Alpha-Numeric HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
These files contain the Level II alphanumeric HCPCS procedure and modifier codes, their long and short descriptions, and applicable Medicare administrative, coverage and pricing data.
*Not available to the public. Full access is limited to University Health employees.