Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics
- SF-36.com www.sf36.com
Provides background information on the SF-36 and also gives free demos of the SF-8, SF-12, and SF-36
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes www.ispor.org
Website for the ISPOR organization; provides links to other pharmacoeconomic-related sites.
- International Society for Quality of Life Research www.isoqol.org
Provides extensive list of links to health-related quality of life research.
- The Cost Effectiveness Analysis Registry www.hsph.harvard.edu/cearegistry/
Website from Harvard School of Public Health. Provides information on cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Harvard Center for Risk Analysis www.hcra.harvard.edu/
In the section "Economic Evaluation of Medical Technology" there is a cost-utility database and tables of life expectancy gains from medical interventions.
- Academy of Health Services Research and Health Policy: Academy Health www.academyhealth.org
National policy center for US
- Pharmacoethics.com www.pharmacoethics.com
Provides access to articles pertaining to ethical issues related to pharmaceutical development and use.
- Department of Family and Preventative Medicine at University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center www.fammed.ouhsc.edu/robhamm/cdmcalc.htm#decision
Provides clinical decision making calculators such as NNT, decision analysis, contingency tables, Bayesian graphs
- Society for Medical Decision Making www.smdm.org
Provides good references and related links. Need to be a member to access certain portions of sites. Has a cost-effectiveness analysis resource list of web-sites.
- HealthEconomics.com www.healtheconomics.com
Provides various links for health related databases
- Medical Outcomes Trust www.outcomes-trust.org/about.htm
Site for ordering various outcome measurement tools
- DiseaseBenchmarks.com www.diseasebenchmarks.com/index.cfm
Order publications (free of charge) regarding benchmark data on costs, unit of use, and services utilized for various diseases
- Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group www.med.ualberta.ca/ebm/econ.htm
A printable worksheet for healthcare professionals on analyzing an outcomes study
- National Committee for Quality Assurance www.ncqa.org
Site which can provide report cards on various health plans. Also can order HEDIS data.
- Pharmscope www.pharmscope.com
Provides headline news, formulary kits, managed care pharmacy trends. Must register for user name and password.
- Pharmacoeconomics www.dundee.ac.uk/memo/memoonly/PHECO0.htm
A site that provides a tutorial for pharmacists on understanding pharmacoeconomics
- Formulary www.formularyjournal.com
Access to complete articles that have been published in Formulary regarding practical pharmacoeconomics
- Managed Care Digest www.managedcaredigest.com
Detailed statistical information on various healthcare markets. Site supported by Aventis.
- CDC Healthy Days www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/hrqol
Information on health-related quality of life measures
- Quality of Life Instruments Database www.QOLID.org
Access to various health status questionnaires
- PedsQL www.pedsql.org
A quality of life assessment tool for pediatrics
- MAPI Research Institute www.mapi-research-inst.com
International helath outcomes organization with expertise in linguistic and cultural validation of health status questionnaires.