Qualifications & Visa Sponsorship Information

Graduates of Domestic Programs

Applicants must be graduates from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy and have completed a PharmD, MS in pharmacy, or equivalent experience. For specialized residents, completion of a pharmacy practice residency, or equivalent experience, is highly desired. Residents must be eligible to work in the state of Utah. Residents must be eligible for Utah licensure and are expected to obtain licensure as a pharmacist in Utah within the first 60 days of the program. www.dopl.utah.gov

Visa Sponsorship

University of Utah Health pharmacy residencies are generally 12-month positions beginning on or around July 1 and end on or around June 30 of the next year. Because of timelines and competition within the pool of applicants, we do not sponsor visas for foreign pharmacy residency applicants.

Graduates of Foreign Programs

Pharmacy residency applicants for U of U Health PGY1 and PGY2 residencies must have a PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy. No consideration will be given to applicants with baccalaureate, Masters of Pharmacy, or PhD degrees unless the applicant completed an ACPE-accredited PharmD program. Applicants who completed their initial pharmacy degree, baccalaureate or PharmD, from a foreign college of pharmacy need to submit proof of successfully passing the following tests: Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Exam, the Test of Spoken English, and TOEFL – the Test of English as a Foreign Language.