- BeMedWise www.bemedwise.org
Links to timely guidelines, tips, and resources to help patients use their medications safely and appropriately.
- CancerNet www.cancer.gov
Consumer information on cancer drugs and research. Can search CancerLit, a database that indexes articles from the medical literature.
- ConsumerMedSafety.org consumermedsafety.org
Safe medication practices for consumers.
- Costco.com www.costco.com/Pharmacy/drug-directory-main
Patient information from Gold Standard Media are searchable from this site.
- Food and Drug Administration Consumer Website. www.fda.gov/ForConsumers
FDA's comprehensive consumer resource.
- Food and Drug Administration Gene Therapy www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/CellularGeneTherapyProducts/ucm573960.htm
Provides basic information for consumers, including definition, mechanism, and potential uses of gene therapy.
- DrugWatch.com www.drugwatch.com
Drug news and product recalls are listed, along with links to health information and news. Suitable for patients and healthcare professionals. Funded primarily by patient advocacy groups.
- DrugDigest from Express Scripts www.express-scripts.com/medco/consumer/ehealth/druginfo/dlmain.jsp?WC=N
Provides drug and disease state information for consumers.
- DrugInfoNet www.druginfonet.com
Official and patient package inserts and general health information
- Healthfinder healthfinder.gov
From US Department of Health and Human Services
- Healthy People 2020 www.healthypeople.gov
Provides preventative health information, forms and other resources to Americans.
- Mayo Clinic Patient Care and Health Information www.mayoclinic.org/patient-care-and-health-information
Current health news, information about specialty areas
- Mayo Clinic Drug Information www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/drug-list?alpha=A
Provides information on more than 8000 prescription and OTC medications from the Micromedex System.
- MEDLINEplus Health Information www.medlineplus.gov
Site links to patient drug category and health monographs, medical dictionaries, health professional directories and other resources such as organizations and health libraries.
- MotherToBaby mothertobaby.org
Provides links to studies, regional pregnancy risk phone lines, and fact sheets on medications and other conditions correlated with birth defects. An "ask the expert" option is available.
- OncoLink www.oncolink.org
The University of Pennsylvania provides information on cancers, treatment options, coping with cancer, and other resources
- Quackwatch www.quackwatch.org
This non-profit site provides information to combat health-related frauds, myths and fads related to products, health advice and advertising.
- SafeMedication.com www.safemedication.com
Provides easy-to-read information on over 700 drug products. Information is provided from ASHP resources.
- Use Inhalers use-inhalers.com
Inhaler instruction videos.
- WebMD Health www.webmd.com
Multim Information Services provides documents for prescription and herbal medications. Drug news and product recalls are listed. Links to health information and news are provided.