- American Cancer Society www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/clinicaltrials
Geared for health professionals and patients. Emphasis on cancer prevention. Information in Spanish and Asian Languages.
- CA: A cancer journal for clinicians http://caonline.amcancersoc.org
Published by the American Cancer Society. Covers a wide variety of topics. Provides global cancer statistics information as well as other epidemiologic cancer information.
- National Cancer Institute www.cancer.gov
Features cancer information, research programs and funding, clinical trials information, cancer statitics, and latest news.
- National Cancer Institute Adverse Drug Event Criteria ctep.cancer.gov/reporting/ctc.html
NCI Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program Adverse Drug Event Toxicity Criteria Rating (often used for grading ADRs in product labeling)
- National Cancer Institute Drug Name Dictionary www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-drug
NCI’s drug name dictionary provides any synonyms used in clinical trials, and may also give a description of the medication class.
- National Cancer Institute Cancer Terms Dictionary www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms
Defines cancer terms used in clinical trials and cancer therapy (eg, event-free survival, progression-free survival).
- OncologySTAT www.practiceupdate.com/explore/
General resource for health professionals. Features cancer information, trial information, and latest news.
- Cancer Letter* www.cancerletter.com/
Subscription publication that covers current topics in cancer treatment and shortages of cancer drugs. Includes coverage of cancer treatment centers, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, FDA, Congress and the pharmaceutical industry. Available to UU clinicians by IP address login.
- Centers for Disease Prevention and Control www.cdc.gov/cancer
Cancer prevention and control section of CDC. Data on national statistics and registry. Cancer fact sheets.
- NCI-cancer maps www3.cancer.gov/atlasplus
Cancer mortality maps and graphs--data through 1994
- American Cancer Society www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/clinicaltrials/app/clinical-trials-matching-service
Links patients to clinical trials. Has patient info on complementary and herbal therapies.
- National Institutes of Health www.clinicaltrials.gov
Cancer trials in progress
Oncology Clinical Guidelines
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation asbmt.org
Guidelines specific for bone marrow transplantation.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology www.asco.org
Source of excellent guidelines, plus other resources of the organization.
- European Society for Medical Oncology www.esmo.org
Evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Will use consensus based in the absence of evidence.
- Infectious Disease Society of America www.idsociety.org
Contains the guideline for managing neutropenic fever.
- International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine (IAHPCM) www.hospicecare.com
Resources and guidelines links in palliative care (meta-site of other guidelines)
- Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) www.mascc.org
Consensus guidelines to address supportive care issues.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network www.nccn.org
Source of evidence-based guidelines for cancer treatment and supportive care. Subscription required.
- Oncology Nursing Society www.ons.org
Nursing practice guidelines and other resources.
- See also Clinical Guidelines section of RxWebLinks pharmacyservices.utah.edu/patient-information
Cancer Center Websites
- Huntsman Cancer Institute (University of Utah Health) healthcare.utah.edu/huntsmancancerinstitute/cancer-information/
Information on a wide variety of topics. The G. Mitchell Morris Cancer Learning Center provides information specific to patients and their families.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center (University of Texas) www.mdanderson.org
Professional information including practice guidelines. Patient information including alternative therapies.
- OncoLink--Abramson Cancer Center (University of Pennsylvania) https://www.oncolink.org/
Sections on cancer type, treatment, coping and resources.
- Dana Farber and Brigham & Women's Cancer Center www.brighamandwomens.org/bwhcancer/Default.aspx
Metasite for many patient resources including some in French and Spanish.
Cancer site specific websites
- American Brain Tumor Association www.abta.org
- National Brain Tumor Society www.braintumor.org/
- International Myeloma Foundation www.myeloma.org
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society www.leukemia.org
- NationalBreast Cancer Coalition www.natlbcc.org
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition www.ovarian.org
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization www.nhpco.org
Assist in locating provider. Info for healthcare providers.
- International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine www.hospicecare.com
Resources for healthcare professionals.
- Cancer News on the Net www.cancernews.com
"Newsletter" on hot topics. Cancer updates, treatment options, and resource sections.
- Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation www.preventcancer.org
Healthy living, materials and program sections.
- National Coalition of Cancer Survivors www.canceradvocacy.org
Information for surviros and caregivers; cancer survival toolbox; links to other sites by cancer type and treatment.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship Resource Guide www.canceradvocacy.org/resources/guide/
Subset of above organization. Provides patients with a step-by-step guide of online resources for patients to help understand their cancer.
- Medicine OnLine www.meds.com
Medical information in oncology and HIV
- Medline Plus www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
Information for patients (not cancer specific)
- Cancer Guide: Steve Dunn's Cancer Information Page cancerguide.org
Steve Dunn, a cancer survivor, authored this site to guide patients to useful information.
- Chemocare www.chemocare.com
Information regarding chemotherapy, managing side effects, nutrition, and complementary medicine. Also features message boards for patients, caregivers, and survivors to gain perspective from others going through similar experiences.
- Mesothelioma Guide www.mesotheliomaguide.com
Up-to-date support to mesothelioma patients and family members
- American Childhood Cancer Organization www.acco.org
Offers support to survivors of childhood cancer and their families
- Children's Oncology Camp Association International www.cocai.org
Information on cancer camps for children and families affected by cancer, serving the US and Canada, as well as other countries.
- Supersibs www.supersibs.org
Support group and resources for siblings of children with cancer
*Resource available to University of Utah Health staff