- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention www.cdc.gov
Provides national epidemiology information, health topic reviews, traveler's health information, and Morbidity and Mortality Weekly.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services cms.hhs.gov
Information for consumers and professionals provided on legal and coverage issues.
- Food and Drug Administration www.fda.gov
Wide variety of information provided about drugs, biologicals, medical devices, cosmetics, and foods.
- US Department of Health and Human Services www.dhhs.gov
Has health-related documents and links related to the network of agencies under the DHHS umbrella.
- Health Resources and Services Administration www.hrsa.gov
Describes programs set up to allow all Americans to have access to healthcare. Grant opportunities are also listed.
- Indian Health Service www.ihs.gov
Lists programs for Native Americans and for health professionals wishing to join IHS.
- MedWatch www.fda.gov/medwatch
Lists safety warnings and labeling changes for drugs and biologics, and allows online ADR reporting.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report www.cdc.gov/mmwr
Weekly CDC publication with epidemiology and treatment information for disease of concern in the U.S.
- National Health Information Center www.health.gov/nhic
NHIC puts health professionals and consumers who have health questions in touch with those organizations that are best able to provide answers.
- National Institutes of Health www.nih.gov
Provides information on health problems, grant opportunities, health news, state-of-the-art medical science, and links to individual health institutes.
- National Institutes of Mental Health www.nimh.nih.gov
Provides news, reports, research opportunities, and consumer and professional information on mental health.
- National Library of Medicine - PubMed www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi
National Library of Medicine's program for searching medical literature
- National Women's Health Information Center womenshealth.gov
Provides consumer information and newsletters on issues of women's health and offers grants to resolve inequities in research and provision of health care to women.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration www.osha.gov
Links to information about worker safety, ergonomics, federal policies, and grants for research.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration www.samhsa.gov
Gives information on treatment, prevention, and statistics related to mental health and substance abuse.
- Surgeon General's Office www.surgeongeneral.gov
Provides information on American's health with guidelines for Healthy People 2010 along with printable and orderable publications from the Surgeon General.
- Utah Department of Health hlunix.hl.state.ut.us
Links to insurance and health-related programs for citizens of the state of Utah
- Utah Department of Professional Licensing www.dopl.utah.gov
Allows access to applications for licensure in Utah and is where to go for lists of licensed health practitioners.