- Botanical www.botanical.com
Informational site and does not endorse specific products
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition www.fda.gov/Food/default.htm
ADRs for herbs and supplements
- Consumerlab.com www.consumerlab.com
Provides product testing results and information to help consumers and health professionals evaluate health, wellness, and nutrition products. Detailed documents require a subscription, but much of the news and general information is free.
- Council for Responsible Nutrition www.crnusa.org
Provides referenced information about nutritional supplements including a list of RDAs
- Food and Nutrition Information Center www.nal.usda.gov/fnic
Links to reliable information about natural supplements, herbs, ergogenic aids, and vitamins.
- HerbMed www.herbmed.org
Searchable database of monographs of herbals, includes clinical trial information
- HerbNET (Herb association listings) www.herbnet.com/associations_p2.htm
Comprehensive listing of herbal societies and translation of common herbals into other languages
- MedHerb medherb.com/articles.htm
Good source for other links for herbal products
- NIH National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health nccih.nih.gov
Provides information about the health-related effects of complimentary medicines and current research.
- WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Js2200e
Provides comprehensive pharmacopoeial and pharmacological information on selected medicinal plants, including a selected listing of vernacular names in each monograph.