- National Institutes of Health--Clinical Trials www.clinicaltrials.gov
Directory of clinical trials in progress. Can search by disease state or specific agent.
- PHRMA www.phrma.org/innovation
Information on drugs in the pipeline. Can search by disease state and therapeutic categories. Good summary articles on topics related to drug development.
- National Cancer Institute www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials
Specific for clinical trials to treat cancer.
- University of Utah Institutional Review Board irb.utah.edu
Forms and directions for submitting a research proposal. Related links provides access to federal documents related to research.
- Patient Advocate Foundation www.patientadvocate.org/resources.php?p=43
Patient resource for what it means to participate in clinical trials and use investigational drugs.
- Health and Human Resources--Office for Human Research Protections www.hhs.gov/ohrp/
Federal IRB guidelines, policies, and news
- CenterWatch: Clinical Trials Listing Service www.centerwatch.com
Provides trial data and email-notification services to patients interested in participating in clinical trials. Professional investigation drug information can be found after subscribing to the service for a substantial fee.